The video-shorts will represent unique content itself, yet the topical issues are common in all Visegrad countries, since our nations have been undergoing quite similar socio-political development in quite similar international circumstances. On the other hand the solutions and public opinions of those issues are interestingly different (see the freedom of speech, gender aspects of corruption…). Topics like whistleblowing, gender aspects of corruption, corruption in sports, direct democracy etc. shall be presented via attractive audio-visual dramaturgy making it accessible and understandable for widest public (in on-line media).
In the era of post-truth democracy – which at the same time is an inevitable fact as well as un-acceptable condition – we shall point out the best use of media support and media strategies useful for civic oversight of public affairs in each country, reinforcing the media alliances in the countries, where the freedom of speech seems to be weakened recently. Thus SVISS has extraordinary chance to stream Visegrad values, literally.
- To support skills of civic oversight among young people.
- To show how to use current on-line media for good governance promotion.
- To comparatively present serious topics relevant for civic society in on-going democratic processes of Visegrad countries.
Partners will jointly co-produce four video-shorts with fresh, lightly humorous presentations of emerging publicly relevant issues connected with transparent governance and direct democracy in V4 and spread them, especially in on-line media, using existing partnerships and help of civically active media personalities.
Public events planned – Feel cordially invited!
- How to get good news from civic society to media. Public debate, Bratislava, 09/2017 – concrete date will be announced.
- SVISS in Cinema. Screening, Bratislava, 09/2017 – concrete date will be announced.